Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Eileen's Random Travels

Eileen's Random Travels


A Photoblog post of my random travels.


"Let's find some beautiful place to get lost." unknown

Maryland's Western shores is a little under a 2 hour drive from our house. I have gone birding in this area with the bird club and have gone out on a boat ride to Smith Island from this area but this trip we visited lighthouses, parks and gardens. 


These are some images from an overnight getaway to Maryland's Western Shore. Lighthouses were seen around Solomon's Island, Piney Point and Point Lookout State Park in Scotland Maryland and Calvert Cliffs State Park. 


This is the Piney Point Lighthouse, Piney Point Maryland.













A map of Maryland Western shore, Potomac River and the Chesapeake Bay. Maryland's Eastern shore is across the Chesapeake bay. 


This is the Drum Point Lighthouse in Solomon's Island Maryland. 





Below is the Drum Point Lighthouse. 








This is the Point Lookout Lighthouse, it was closed for renovations. I did not want a photo of the fence around this lighthouse so I only took a photo of the top of the Lighthouse. We were there to watch the sunset. 








The Cove Point Lighthouse is also being renovated due to open this month. 



The view of the Cove Point Lighthouse was taken from the Calvert Cliffs beach. 



Joining in with the National Lighthouse Day on August 7th and the llbinourbackyard.blogspot.com/p/hoppity-hops.  Thanks to our host for the blog hop. 

I am sharing some of my random travel photos, this is not only for my followers but more of a reminder for me and my hubby of where we have been and what we have seen over the years. All good memories for us, I hope you enjoy too.


" We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone." unknown



I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your day!

16 comments:

  1. Enjoyed seeing different types of lighthouse:)
    Love the orange color of the sky:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thanks so much for the comment. Enjoy your day and weekend!

      Delete
  2. august 7th is national lighthouse day.. these are beautiful. I like that short squatty one at the beginning but really LOVE the one on stilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra, I did not know about National Lighthouse Day. Thanks for the info and comment. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  3. A great collection of lighthouses. The Drum Point was an interesting one, different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! I appreciate your comment on the lighthouses.
      Happy weekend to you!

      Delete
  4. Hari OM
    absolutely gorgeous - I am glad you found our bloghop; somehow this blog refuses to show up on my reader! webgremlins... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yam! I am happy you saw my post. I always appreciate your visits. The Lighthouse bloghop is awesome, one of my favorites. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  5. OMCs what beautiful lighthouses just up the East Coast from us. Now mom wants to take a Road trip. We love the sunset photo. Point Lookout has a beautiful cupola, mom loves anything red

    Thanks for pawticipating in the fun event. We are enjoying all the lighthouses in Blogville.
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madi & Mom! I love the lighthouse and was happy to see your blog hop. A road trip to see lighthouses would be fun for me.. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  6. What wonderful lighthouses, and your sunset photos are beautiful!!! Thanks so much for hopping along with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit and comment. It is a fun blog hop! Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  7. What wonderful lighthouses!
    They do fascinate me! Luckily there are a few around Vancouver and Vancouver Island!
    Love Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marv, Thanks for the visit and comment!

      Delete

Hello, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate all your visits.

BTW, I will not publish anonymous comments, unless I recognize the name. Sorry!

Have a great day, Eileen

Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, Nov 2023

 Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, November 5-9th 2023 Hubby and I enjoyed a short getaway to Turks and Caicos. It is a British territory, close ...