Sunday, October 16, 2022

Eileen's Random Travels

 Eileen's Random Travels

I am sharing some of my random travel photos, this is not only for my followers but more of a reminder for me and my hubby of where we have been and what we have seen over the years. All good memories for us, I hope you enjoy too.

Kauai Sept 30, our last full day on the island. We did some repeats of Anini Beach for snorkeling, Queen's Bath and another visit to the Kilauea Point NWR. 

We started off the day with watching the sunrise at beach near our hotel. We passed by the hotel pool on the way to the beach.



The man driving the van in the parking lot arrived blowing a whistle and all the cats came running. Their breakfast has arrived. 





After our breakfast, we started the day driving over to the north side of the island, with a stop at the Queen's Bath. It is a difficult hike, I started the hike after seeing the trail  I went back to the car and hubby continued down the trail to see the view of the Queen's Bath. 





This was our second time visiting Anini Beach, hubby did some snorkeling and I was watching the birds. Below is a view of the water, something surfaced I couldn't tell if it was a turtle or a seal? The bird was seen often, a lifer the Japanese White-eye. 




A second visit to the Kilauea Point NWR, I reserved a second visit in the afternoon. 



The path up to the Kilauea Point Lighthouse. 



A juvenile Red-footed Booby flies by the lighthouse.




The little island seen from the Kilauea Point. It is also a seabird nesting area. 





Another lifer seen at the Kilauea Point NWR was the Wedge-tailed Shearwater chick.  They have they nesting burrows all around the wildlife refuge, this chick was seen from the path to the lighthouse. 






" We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone." unknown



I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate all your visits.

BTW, I will not publish anonymous comments, unless I recognize the name. Sorry!

Have a great day, Eileen

Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, Nov 2023

 Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, November 5-9th 2023 Hubby and I enjoyed a short getaway to Turks and Caicos. It is a British territory, close ...