Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Eileen's Random Travels

A Photoblog post of my random travels.


"Be still like a mountain and flow like a great river." Lao Tzu

I need to delete images from my computer, there are way too many right now. I will be posting twice a week on this blog until I catch up.


Leaving our ocean front resort and the more northern beaches of the Olympic Nat'l Park we headed south for our next night stay at Ocean Shores, Washington. But, we made a few stops along the way at the Quinalt Rainforest .

We stopped at a few overlooks with a view of the Pacific Ocean. There are two people walking down on the beach, they look tiny in my photo. Click on the photo for larger viewing.


A short hike to the largest Spruce Tree in the Quinalt Rainforest.





The Merriman Falls at 40 feet is viewable from the road, there are places to park in certain areas.


This is the Bunch Creek Falls also seen from the road. The falls is about 60 feet tall




A pullover next to the river had a nice view of the Olympic Mountains in the distance.


Not sure if this is the Merriman Creek or the Quinalt River. Both are in this area.









I am sharing some of my random travel photos, this is not only for my followers but more of a reminder for me and my hubby of where we have been and what we have seen over the years. All good memories for us, I hope you enjoy too.


" We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone." unknown


I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your day!

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hello, thank you so much for the comment. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  2. per Staples Geek Guy, deleting photos can corrupt the files on your computer and make it crash. he said it is better to leave them there than delete, the more actions we do in our computer the better chance of crash, that was after mine crashed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think you should be able to delete photos without messing with crashing the computer. Window 10 is my least favorite so far. Thanks for the visit and comment. Happy Wednesday!

      Delete
  3. Hari Om
    Beautiful country - and waterfalls are always winners! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Yam! Thanks so much for your visit and comment. Hubby and I do love seeing the waterfalls. Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. Hello Eileen,
    This is fantastic. Wonderful nature.
    That must be nice to be in real. You've made great shots.

    Kind regards,
    Marco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marco, thanks so much for your comment. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  5. Amazing views and again you are inspiring me to get out and see more of my state!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Ellen! Thanks so much for the nice comment and visit. I am glad I could inspire you in any way. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  6. Your travel blog fell off my blog roll. I probably deleted it, although I don’t remember doing so. I have the blog back on my reading list, so I will see your posts from this blog once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, I know everyone is busy and I do not expect everyone to read all my post. But, I do appreciate your visit and comment. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  7. Love these photos, Eileen!

    And this quote:

    "Be still like a mountain and flow like a great river." Lao Tzu


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandi, I love the quote too. Thanks so much for your comment and visit.

      Happy Thursday, enjoy your day.

      Delete
  8. I enjoy all the photos. So peaceful and relaxing. I too need to delete some of the photos on my computer. Need to spend time going through all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nancy, thank so much for the comment. Wishing you a happy day and week ahead!

      Delete
  9. wow, that is one large tree :) And the fall is quite nice :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate all your visits.

BTW, I will not publish anonymous comments, unless I recognize the name. Sorry!

Have a great day, Eileen

Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, Nov 2023

 Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, November 5-9th 2023 Hubby and I enjoyed a short getaway to Turks and Caicos. It is a British territory, close ...