Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Eileen's Random Travels

A Photoblog post of my random travels.


Recently, hubby and I went on a road trip to north western Pennsylvania. There were a couple of state parks that we wanted to visit and we also had a chance to meet Linda of The beauty around us. It was fun meeting Linda for the first time and also to see the parks. I have been following her blog since 2009. The link above shows our visit together too.

First we visited the Cook Forest State Park, it is known for an old growth forest of Pine trees and Hemlock trees. Below is the swinging bridge we crossed while walking on one of the many trails in the park.


A wooly bear caterpillar, fall colored leaves, mushrooms and the trail.


The Longfellow Trail








We met blogging friend Linda at the Kinzua Bridge State Park, this was not our first time visiting this park. When our son was little we took him on a train ride that went across this famous bridge. The mosaic below are scene from the visitor center and a few of the bridge.


Mosaic show the bridge which was destroyed by a tornado in 2003. You can see the bridge ruins still laying on the ground where the tornado left them.






I am sharing some of my random travel photos, this is not only for my followers but more of a reminder for me and my hubby of where we have been and what we have seen over the years. All good memories for us, I hope you enjoy too.


" We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone." unknown


I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your day!

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hello, thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate your visits. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  2. Hello Eileen,
    What a wondeful place to be.
    That bridge is really impressive. Fantastic.

    Greetings, Marco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marco, thanks so much for your comment and visit. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hello Sandi, thanks so much for your visit. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

      Delete
  4. I love that creek and would like to wade in it or walk on the rocks. I have not seen a wooly bear like this one for years. I don't think we have them here. that trestle is beautiful and scary.. the world is full of beauty ready to be enjoyed and you two always do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra, I've been seeing more wooly bears lately. I hope that does not mean our winter will be horrible. The world is beautiful. Thanks so much for your comment. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  5. Both of those parks look very interesting. I would love to take a walk across that first bridge.

    Your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dee, the first bridge was fun. It shook a little. Thanks so much for your visit and comment. I wish you a happy day!

      Delete
  6. Looks a beautiful walk. What fun to meet up with another blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I appreciate your visit and thanks for the comment. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

      Delete
  7. Hari OM
    Found you!!! Need to add this to my blog list. Like you, a lot of my blogging is more about keeping my own memories alive - if others enjoy it as we go along, all the better for that! One of the great joys of the blogging world is getting to meet other bloggers we've connected with... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, hubby and I often looked back at my blog mainly for the memories. It was fun to meet a fellow blogger, Linda is very nice. Thanks so much for your visit and comment. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

      Delete
  8. Some good memories here. I still like the mushrooms best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, our trips are great memories for hubby and I. Thanks so much for your comment.
      Have a happy day and weekend!

      Delete
  9. what fun!! i love all the pics. glad to see you are using a new photo system ... i am needing to do a few more posts on my blog ... gotta figure it all out. i really thought PicMonkey was pretty simple. i guess i gotta put some more brain power out there now. ha. ha! ( ;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Beth, I hope you find a new photo editor to use. There are a lot of free ones out there. Thanks for the visit and comment. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

      Delete
  10. It was great to meet you and Michael (I hope that I remembered your husband’s name. I am going by memory again, and we know how that worked out earlier!). I hope that we are able to get together again, sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate all your visits.

BTW, I will not publish anonymous comments, unless I recognize the name. Sorry!

Have a great day, Eileen

Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, Nov 2023

 Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, November 5-9th 2023 Hubby and I enjoyed a short getaway to Turks and Caicos. It is a British territory, close ...