Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Dublin Ireland May 2023

 Ireland  May 5th-May 17th

After a direct flight on Aer Lingus out of Dulles (IAD) on May 5th we arrived early morning in Dublin on May 6th.  We spend one night in Dublin before our Wild Irish Experience tour started on May 7th. Our Dublin hotel was the Hotel Riu Gresham on O'Connell St. It was nice to check in early, so we relaxed some in our room and then we walked around the city of Dublin.  


I am sharing some photos of our walk around Dublin, below is the River Liffey.  




Various buildings around Dublin. 




We enjoyed a walk around the St. Stephen's Green Park. 



Images of the park and birds seen at the park, the Wren, Hooded Crow, European Goldfinch, Tufted Ducks, Mute Swan, Mallards and Gulls.



One of many of the sculptures seen in the park. This one is called The Great Famine by Edward Delaney. 





Some views of the Dublin Castle and the nearby gardens. 








The Coach House built in 1833 overlooks the Dubh Linn Gardens. 




This sculpture is called Special Olympics, Dublin Castle Gardens




The shopping mall, I liked the plants hanging on the building's exterior.





The Hairy Lemon, one of Dublin's many famous pubs.



This sculpture is called the Millennium Child seen near the Christchurch Place. 




Tree of Life sculpture, Peace Park Dublin.





Just around the corner we found a cafe with yummy brownies and cookies. 





I have lots more Ireland photos to share, more post to come soon.





4 comments:

  1. i did not know you had traveling blog as well Eileen
    wow this is amazing exploration here
    i would love to revisit
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Baili! I appreciate your visit and comments. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. So, now I've arrived at the beginning of the journey - Ireland.
    Dublin, I think I should take a short trip, just Dublin.
    I was in Kerry for two weeks and have been in love with Ireland ever since.
    Thank you for your wonderful photos and descriptions.
    A hug to you from Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment and visit. We enjoyed Dublin, it is a nice city to visit. Have a wonderful week!

      Delete

Hello, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate all your visits.

BTW, I will not publish anonymous comments, unless I recognize the name. Sorry!

Have a great day, Eileen

Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, Nov 2023

 Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, November 5-9th 2023 Hubby and I enjoyed a short getaway to Turks and Caicos. It is a British territory, close ...