Thursday, July 28, 2011

SWF>>>>Bermuda sunrise

For my Skywatch Friday I have a few sunrise photos from our ship the Enchantment of the Seas docked in Bermuda. I also included some shots of Bermuda and the beautiful sky.


This moody looking sky greeted us as we made our way to the top deck to watch the sunrise.


This was the second day in Bermuda so we up early and were excited about seeing more of Bermuda. We only had till 1:30 in afternoon to see and do as much as we could fit in the small amount of time we had left in Bermuda. 

We were happy to see the sun rising up over the other end of the island.





After watching the sunrise, we rushed off for breakfast. You can not go hungry while on a cruise ship. They have plenty of food.  


If we can we usually try to arrange our own tour and excursions. We usually meet great local people and pay a lot less for the tour. By the way I have two unused two day bus tickets for Bermuda, anyone interested? My son and friend did not use their bus passes. Our plans were to take the bus to the beach to hang out for awhile and then go back to the dockyard for some shopping.


By the time we made our way off the ship, took the bus to Horseshoe Beach this is what the sky looked like.







Back on the ship, we looked back at the view of the Dockyard and the shopping mall.



Here is our view from the back our of ship as we were leaving the dock.



I hope you enjoyed my Bermuda skies, I sure did. To see more wonderful skies from around the world click : Skywatch Friday .  Thanks to the host: Sylvia, Wren, Sandy and Klaus!   Also, thanks for stopping by to see my skies and I hope everyone has beautiful skies to enjoy and a great weekend.

31 comments:

  1. What a big sky, so big to keep all the clouds and Blues, and also the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the yellow lamp posts and the rest too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful sky photos. the last one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beautiful out there. the color of the water is glorious. how come they only allow a short time to explore the island?

    i haven't cruised that part yet :) maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed, Eileen...

    http://www.womenandperspectives.com/2011/07/sky-watch-mountain-peaks-and-white.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic shots! I've never been to Bermuda, although my wife and I did take a week-long Caribbean cruise years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful shots. Sunrise is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every picture is perfect. Bermuda is so on my list! There is nothing like seeing a sunrise from a cruise ship (or even a small boat!) I am enchanged with every sunrise I see, but from the water it is even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, breathtaking captures, Eileen! Absolutely gorgeous skies and the color of the water is incredible! Looks like such a fabulous cruise! Thanks for sharing the beauty with us! Have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sunrise is worth getting up to see!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there - those sun-rise shot are really very good. What a way to start the day.

    Cheers Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous place and beautiful skies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful photos! i think cruises are the best way to travel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my this scenery can make me shout for joy!! Happy weekend!

    SWF

    ReplyDelete
  15. this sounds so great. To travel on such a big ship. And docking at beautiful places. :) Yes the skies were enjoyable, so were the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Eileen, it's very nice to meet you. my eyes are stunned by the beauty in these photos. that clear water and I love those first couple of photos for the clouds. that sunrise sky is magnificent. I hope you had the time of your life on this trip. it surely is a beautiful spot. thanks for visiting my blog and saying hello, I truly appreciate it! have a joyful weekend. and happy SWF.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely moody skies! And that water - so crystal clear!

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful sunset, beautiful sky, and what a lovely beach.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful view of Bermuda. That special blue water and sunset. It is something very nice to see the sun goes down in water..can`t see it here where I live.
    Happy week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved your Bermuda sky shots, the blues in the last image are stunning.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for showing these stunning photos, Eileen. The sunrise is awesome and the header is very beautiful too.
    Have a great week, Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I live next door to a big Indian temple. They have the same sphere lights.

    I am glad you had a great time, one of my nieces work for one season as a personal trainer on a cruise boat.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! We'd talked about taking a cruise to Bermuda but, alas, never did. Nice to take a "virtual" trip with you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful spirit of your pictures. Just as I love!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think I was at the Frog&Onion pub once maybe about 40 years ago LOL

    ReplyDelete
  26. I remember the frog and onion pub. Do they still have flights to Bermuda from Dulles?

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the color in your pics, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate all your visits.

BTW, I will not publish anonymous comments, unless I recognize the name. Sorry!

Have a great day, Eileen

Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, Nov 2023

 Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, November 5-9th 2023 Hubby and I enjoyed a short getaway to Turks and Caicos. It is a British territory, close ...