Monday, November 15, 2010

Outer Banks, North Carolina

 Hubby and I arrived home yesterday after spending three and half days in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. My first time there and I loved it, the waves were wild and rough but the skies were a pretty blue. The road (route 12) was closed earlier due to high water in many places. Once they opened the road we were able to drive all the way down to Cape Hatteras.

We saw a lot of brown pelicans and I loved watching the pelicans as they flew all around us. Pea Island is a great place for birding. 
 













" We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone." unknown

Thanks for stopping by to see my post.

No comments:

Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, Nov 2023

 Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, November 5-9th 2023 Hubby and I enjoyed a short getaway to Turks and Caicos. It is a British territory, close ...