Saturday, May 5, 2012

Curacao vacation

I am linking up with Scenic Sunday

I have to write about my recent vacation to Curacao. Curacao is in the southern Caribbean Sea off the Venezuelan coast.  It is known for diving and snorkeling, for me it will be known for its birds. Curacao is a constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. We stayed 7 nights at the Marriott Beach Resort. I did a lot of research to find hubby a hotel where he could walk out the room and go snorkeling.  He was happy :) Hubby and I alternate choosing vacation places. This year was his choice and it was between Bonaire or Curacao. Bonaire one of the other ABC islands is known more for diving than snorkeling. Aruba is the other ABC island and is much more commercialized.

Now for some photos from our trip. You can click on the photo for a larger image.



The Marriott Beach Resort was a great hotel and we really enjoyed our stay there. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The food, drinks and the sunsets were amazing.

We had a great room overlooking the pool area but it also had a view of the ocean.


Here is hubby snorkeling in the background there is Princess line cruise ship that will dock in Williamstad


Another beautiful sunset seen from our hotel.

 Williamstad is the capital of Curacao. I will do another post on our visit to Williamstad and our various outing around the island.

I hope you enjoyed my post, there will more coming on our vacation in Curacao. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Please visit Scenic Sunday for more beautiful photos and post. Thanks to the Holley's for hosting and thanks for stopping by to see my post.

29 comments:

  1. 7 nights at a same hotel should have offered you a good stay, and of course, many birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! And now I have another place to add to my ever growing list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love travel and vacation posts. That hotel looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing more vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks warm. That is a good thing, at least now! Beautiful scenery, too, everything one could want in a winter vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great hotel!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another place to add to the list...agh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We stopped there briefly on a cruise, said we'd rather spend more time there than in Aruba ...never did either again (bought an RV, sold the house, yada yada....). Anyway, I'm glad you had a great vacation -- with birds! (Oh, yeah, and glad hubby was happy too -- that's always important!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely place to visit!!! I love the snorkel picture and the one with the sunset. Fabulous photos...thanks for bringing us along so we could see, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous place! I enjoyed the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful photos - this looks like a wonderful vacation! Thank you for sharing this and thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like a great vacation, I enjoyed the photos especially the one in Marriot Beach Resort !

    Awesome !

    aligaga

    ReplyDelete
  12. How refreshing! Such a lovely place. I am longing for a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. merci , tes photos font rever ;)

    Publicity ;o) Every Friday (and the Weekend), The Challenge "Walk In The Street Photography"

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely enjoyed your post!! Your photos are beautiful and it sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I might just have to put Curacao on my "places to visit" list thanks to you. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi...I was missing you!

    These photos are amazing! I may travel through out your eyes.... Thank you!!!!
    Oh...and today is my brother's birthday.
    Kisses from BlueShell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect beach holiday location..lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful place. You got super photos from the place. The sunset was so great.
    Wish you a great weekend.
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh..well it was good I came here as I caught a bit more info! Nice you two trade off like that and yes I see him snorkeling! Oh I was going to say the little parakeets on your other blog look a lot like love birds..(I miss mine.) Well I enjoyed these photos from your trip and hope you have a restful weekend Eileen-

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful shots,wish I was there it's such a beautiful place :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful photos especially the sunset. Looks like you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous shots and what a lovely place to holiday! The sunset is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That sunset photo is SPECtacular!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, what a beautiful summer paradise you've captured :0) Beautiful shots, the last one is a dream :0)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You've found a perfect vacation spot for both of you! Your photos are amazing and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. looks like you had wonderful holidays! great shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your posts are magical.
    The pictures show magical place.
    I deeply regret that they never see.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful Curaçao! I really enjoyed this series.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate all your visits.

BTW, I will not publish anonymous comments, unless I recognize the name. Sorry!

Have a great day, Eileen

Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, Nov 2023

 Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, November 5-9th 2023 Hubby and I enjoyed a short getaway to Turks and Caicos. It is a British territory, close ...