Saturday, February 25, 2012

More from Panama

Since I posted about Panama's Bridge of Americas below I decided to do another Panama bridge. I am linking up with Scenic Sunday and Sunday Bridges

The Centennial Bridge in Panama was built and finished in 2004 to ease the overcrowded Bridge of the Americas. It is the second road crossing the Panama Canal.  The bridge is a cable-stayed design and is a total span of 3,451 ft. The main span clears the canal by 262 ft. allowing large vessels to pass below.  The bridge was also built to withstand earthquakes which are often felt in this area.






These ship look huge from a distance and even larger when you are right next to them.

One of the Panama hotels we stayed at is the Radisson Rainforest hotel.

 The hotel had two pools, we were so busy sightseeing we did not have a chance to even swim.

The view from the rainforest hotel. There is also a golf course at this Radisson Rainforest resort.


The Radisson's lobby and bar. It was a beautiful hotel, I wish we could have stayed longer.

To see more beautiful and scenic photos,  please visit Scenic Sunday  and Sunday Bridges.

Thanks to both of the hosts, the Holleys of Scenic Sunday and Louis the host of Sunday Bridges. Thanks also for visiting my post and blog. I hope everyone has a Happy weekend.

32 comments:

  1. Long time, no visit! Glad I stopped by today, though. Panama, you lucky girl!! Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome looking bridge, and especially from the ship's perspective. I want to do this!

    But not be too rushed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great series of shots, Eileen. I love seeing pictures of place I have not visited, gets that travel bug inside me sit up and take notice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful architectural bridge structure and a lovely, perfect resort you stayed. It is a juggling act isn't it trying to make the most of the venue but also packing in the exploration away from there as well. Nice to come back home to at end of day though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that bridge looks so interesting and love the landscape in the last picture, so lush and so green.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! great holiday!!! the bridge look fab! I am you fan now hihihihi

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really cool bridge! I like the looks of the hotel too. A little luxury can be nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful header. It looks like a great swimming pool at the hotel and the skies are so dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Tha place looks serene!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a super bridge. It must have been interesting seeing the huge cruise ships going through the canal.Nice hotel too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like netting on the bridge. That giant of a cruise boat, must be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lines on this bridge are very graceful. What a fine post, Eileen! «Louis» thanks you for contributing it to Sunday Bridges!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great view from above in the bottom shot. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Eileen, thanks for the tour and showing the hotel with us. The pool looked tempting!
    Have a wonderful day and week, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful shots, thanks for your post and for stopping by my blog and leaving a message.

    ReplyDelete
  17. On our wish list (but I think I've told you that already!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely! i'm putting Panama on my bucket list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. very nice shots of the bridge you got in here!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow gorgeous place you have captured

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like an amazing adventure, thanks for sharing and thanks for your kind comments on my post earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely shots of the panama bridge and that ship too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. great shots! thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your photo's are lovely. I love to travel as well. Thanks for sharing. Blessings,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for your visit. How wonderful this trip looks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning bridge - I really like the blending between the man-made and the nature.

    Have a nice weekend, and thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a nice comment!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh I miss Panama. I went there a lot in the military. What a beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate all your visits.

BTW, I will not publish anonymous comments, unless I recognize the name. Sorry!

Have a great day, Eileen

Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, Nov 2023

 Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, November 5-9th 2023 Hubby and I enjoyed a short getaway to Turks and Caicos. It is a British territory, close ...