Thursday, January 8, 2015

Nags Head, Outer Banks, North Carolina

Nags Head, Outer Banks, North Carolina Nov 29th to Dec 3rd ,2014

This is a short trip report on our impromptu vacation to Nags Head, North Carolina.. The weather was perfect and there were no crowds of people and traffic to deal with.


My Tripadvisor review: Hubby and I enjoyed our 4 night stay at the Comfort Inn on the beach.. The front desk staff was very helpful and nice. The free breakfast was great, many choices to pick from.. The location on the beach was wonderful to see the sunrises and we saw some dolphins swimming by..Baked cookies in the evening, were a nice treat. 




Bodie Lighthouse in the Outer Banks. A great place not only to see the lighthouse but if you like birds it was an awesome spot..


Some of the swans and winter ducks seen at the Bodie Lighthouse.


A view of the Pea Island NWR


Cape Hatteras Lighthouse..


We saw lots of beautiful sunrises and sunsets..Dinners were at local restaurants such as Sam & Omie's for seafood..and the Outer Banks Brewing Station for another evening of dining..And one night was at a local pizza place..


The Comfort Inn on the beach..


A mosaic of various scenes from our visit to Nags Head, North Carolina.. Off season is a good time to visit for a peaceful and relaxing vacation..

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sunrises, sunsets . . .
    Happy you had a relaxing time . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. The evening colours are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shots of the lighthouses! I've never seen one--will have to put visiting one on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shots of sunrise and sunset and of course my favorite the light house, I would love to visit North Carolina and now this will be in my bucket list ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que encanto aqui,Eilen! Adorei! bjs, chica e lindo domingo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the boardwalk, no muddy feet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely skies and scenic shots. It's always so nice to have a change of scenery isn't it

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate all your visits.

BTW, I will not publish anonymous comments, unless I recognize the name. Sorry!

Have a great day, Eileen

Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, Nov 2023

 Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, November 5-9th 2023 Hubby and I enjoyed a short getaway to Turks and Caicos. It is a British territory, close ...