Sunday, January 14, 2018

Eileen's Random Travels


A Photoblog post of my random travels.

"Walk away quietly in any direction and taste and taste the freedom of the mountains. " JOHN MUIR

Washington State trip May, 2017. I like to keep track of the little parks we visit during our travels. Just a few miles from the entrance to Mount Rainier Nat'l Park is the Ashford County Park, we enjoyed a walk on a the trail called the Kent Mundell Memorial Trail, It was not far from our B&B Mountain Meadows Inn in Ashford Washington.


Ashford County park located right on SR 706 in Ashford Washington.



A nice playground for the kiddies.



A memorial for Deputy Mundell who was killed in the line of duty. The trail is named after the Deputy Mundell.



Some pretty flowers around the parking area. 


A view from the parking area.


The Mundell Trail is only 1.2 miles.



Can you find the Robin along with some plants and moss growing off the trail.


Another section of the Mundell Trail.







I am sharing some of my random travel photos, this is not only for my followers but more of a reminder for me and my hubby of where we have been and what we have seen over the years. All good memories for us, I hope you enjoy too.


" We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone." unknown


I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your day!

12 comments:

  1. Hello Eileen,
    Great shots of nature.
    Nice to see the difference in altitude on that walking path.

    Greetings, Marco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marco, thanks so much for your comment. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  2. that is what i like about my blog, i can go to any year and find what i want to remember. i would like to see the state of Washington. i love trees and it seems to have lots of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra, the trees in Washington state are beautiful. Thanks for the comment. Happy Sunday!

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    Had to look and look again, but I spotted the robin! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Yam, the robin was a surprise for me. Thanks for the visit and comment. Enjoy your day and new week!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hello, thanks so much for your comment. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  5. One thing we have a lot of in this great state is moss! Looks like a great trail to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wanna go hiking, check out those mossy rocks and huge trees. so amazing!! gorgeous ...it looks cold though. have a cozy warm day. calling for snow tonight, i am wondering what will happen. take care, Eileen!! big big hugs!! ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. John Muir was such an personality! I love his books about Yosemite :)..those are wonderful trails you have there. I miss going outdoor ..

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate all your visits.

BTW, I will not publish anonymous comments, unless I recognize the name. Sorry!

Have a great day, Eileen

Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, Nov 2023

 Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, November 5-9th 2023 Hubby and I enjoyed a short getaway to Turks and Caicos. It is a British territory, close ...