Sunday, October 22, 2017

Eileen's Random Travels

A Photoblog post of my random travels.

"Make like a Lighthouse and shine." unknown


After leaving the Kinzua Bridge State Park in Pennsylvania were made our way to Lake Erie Pa with a detour to see a few lighthouses in New York located on Lake Erie.  The two photos below are of some vineyards we saw around the area, Westfield New York is home to the Welch's Food Co which distributes grape juice and jelly.




The air smelled like concord grapes and Welsh's grape juice. This area also has many wineries, open for their wine tastings.



Below the next three photos were from our visit the to Barcelona Lighthouse in Barcelona New York.







Barcelona Lighthouse, Barcelona New York


Dunkirk Lighthouse near Lake Erie in Dunkirk New York.





A view of Lake Erie from a local park in Barcelona New York. I love the pretty blue sky and water.





I am sharing some of my random travel photos, this is not only for my followers but more of a reminder for me and my hubby of where we have been and what we have seen over the years. All good memories for us, I hope you enjoy too.


" We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone." unknown


I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your day!

18 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    there's just something about lighthouses... &*> YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Yam! I do love seeing the lighthouses. They are usually in beautiful scenic places too. Thanks so much for your comment. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead.

      Delete
  2. Barcelona, Dunkirk, Kinzua, I thought you had been out of the country... lovely spots in the good of USA even with the other world names...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandra, the names do sound worldly. But, we will be sticking to traveling in the good old USA. Thanks for the comment and visit. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  3. I love walks among the vineyards.
    The lighthouse looks fantastic.
    I love your excellent photos.

    Happy week.
    Greetings from the rainy Poland.
    Lucja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lucja,

      The vineyards were wonderful, I could smell the grapes. I love seeing the lighthouses.

      Thanks so much for your comment and visit today.
      Happy Sunday, enjoy your day!
      Eileen

      Delete
  4. Where there is a lighthouse there is usually excellent scenery and you kindly shared it with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      I love visiting the lighthouse and the scenery is usually gorgeous too. Thanks so much for your comment and visit. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!
      Eileen

      Delete
  5. Lovely places you have visited. I hope I will get a chance to visit the vineyards and taste the vine. Love the lake view! Have a beautiful new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nancy, I think you would like wineries and vineyards. Thanks for the comment.
      Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

      Delete
  6. Um delicioso passeio, com paisagens tranquilas e agradáveis.
    Eu gosto de conhecer vinhedos, sempre que posso, estou participando de passeios semelhantes. Gosto também de conhecer vinícolas, com seus almoços deliciosos, acompanhados de bons vinhos.
    As fotos estão muito bem apresentadas.
    Um beijo querida Eileen e ótima semana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maria, it is wonderful to visit the wineries. I like the taste testing and lunches. Thanks so much for your visit and comment. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

      Delete
  7. we have yet to see one, so pretty, love the stone work. gorgeous coast. ( ;
    thanks for the tip on the link up. what a pain, sorry to hear that blogger didn't work with ya. have a nice week. hoping for rain here. take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Lake Erie is pretty and has a lovely coastline. I enjoy the lighthouses. You should go and see them sometime. Thank you for the comment. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

      Delete
  8. Hi Eileen! You know I grew up on Lake Erie about 10 minutes drive from the beautiful historic Marblehead Light House.

    If you ever want to see it let me know, ok? I'd love to meet you.

    Really enjoyed your pictures! I adore light houses!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Michele, It would be very nice to meet you. I love the lighthouses. Thank you for the comment. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

      Delete
  9. Um passeio maravilhoso, com imagens bonitas !
    Um farol fora do mar ? adorei !
    Gostei muito de ver sua viagem !
    Zizi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the lighthouse because of its simple construction.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate all your visits.

BTW, I will not publish anonymous comments, unless I recognize the name. Sorry!

Have a great day, Eileen

Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, Nov 2023

 Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, November 5-9th 2023 Hubby and I enjoyed a short getaway to Turks and Caicos. It is a British territory, close ...