Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Florida Day 9

Florida Day 9

The early morning of day 9 of our Florida trip was spent near Crystal Springs and Fort Island Gulf Beach. We did a little walk and I did some birding on the beach.




Lots of Black Skimmer, gulls and terns.


We also visited the Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park.  Awesome variety of  native birds and animals. They also have a nice display of Manatees.




It looks like this is the place to be, the native birds on the outside are actually trying to find a way into the park.


We were able to watch the manatee be fed at this time. I have to admit after seeing the Manatees in the wild, I was a little sad to see these in captivity.


Apparently this  famous hippo "Lu" a favorite at the Homosassa Spring wildlife park was once an animal actor back in the 1960's. He is the oldest hippo in captivity. I hope you enjoyed this post and images. Our next stop is in Ocala Florida. 

18 comments:

  1. A great place to visit. I have been to the zoo when I was young. If I have the time and chance I would like to visit a safari park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos from the beach. Have a great day, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gunilla, thanks as always for the comment and visit.

      Delete
  3. Wow...magnificent! Love the "hippo"!

    I'm happy for you.

    Love

    BShell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you for the visit and nice comment!

      Delete
  4. Great pictures ... think my favourite was the old hippo.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always Jan, thank for visiting and for the comment.

      Delete
  5. I been there a few times and always enjoy the visit. Fun captures at a fun place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom, thanks for visiting and for the comment. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  6. Spectacular photos, Eileen, The previous post are also fabulous! The Tenton mountains and the cloud wonderful! My congratulations! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your photos are so beautiful and interesting. Love the manatee and free would be good. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Thanks you for visiting and for the comment!

      Delete
  8. Looks like a fun trip. I love your hippo photo. Such expressive eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful, thank you for the comment and visit. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  9. Wonderful beach pictures Eileen :)
    And I love the ones of the manatees
    and the hippo. They are so cute :)

    Have a happy and beautiful weekend!
    Tinna ✐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tinna. You are so kind! Happy weekend!

      Delete

Hello, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate all your visits.

BTW, I will not publish anonymous comments, unless I recognize the name. Sorry!

Have a great day, Eileen

Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, Nov 2023

 Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos, November 5-9th 2023 Hubby and I enjoyed a short getaway to Turks and Caicos. It is a British territory, close ...